Friday, March 18, 2016

Lake Country- A list of our Local Lakes, Rivers, Ponds

Wisconsin is a wonderful state for being in the outdoors. One of my favorite things to do is be on a lake, river, or pond! I utilize the vast variety of the lakes in our local area. I love living in Lake Country because of  all the lake activities and events through-out the year. 

Today I want to share with you a list of my favorite lakes and rivers in Lake Country area, Waukesha County Wisconsin. We are so lucky to have so many different bodies of water, in such a close radius!



Okauchee Lake
Lac La Belle
Oconomowoc Lake
North Lake
Pine Lake
Moose Lake
Nagawicka Lake
Pewaukee Lake
Waterville Lake
Golden Lake
School Section Lake
Upper Nehmahbin Lake
Lower Nehmahbin Lake
Middle Genesee Lake
Silver Lake
Lake Keesus
Rome Pond
The Rock River
The Bark River

The Bark River is one of the many bodies of water I’ve lived with my whole life. A few fun facts about this River that you should know:

The Bark River is a tributary of the Rock River, about 67.5 miles (108.6 km) long, in southeastern Wisconsin in the United States. Via the Rock River, it is part of the watershed of the Mississippi River. The Bark River rises in southern Washington County at Bark Lake In Richfield, WI and flows generally southwestwardly through Waukesha and Jefferson counties, past the communities of Hartland, Delafield and Rome, and through several small lakes. It joins the Rock River in Jefferson County just east of Fort Atkinson. In Jefferson County the Bark River collects the Scuppernong River.

I encourage everyone to Kayak or Canoe down the Bark River if you have not already done so!!! 

If you or someone you know is interested in more information about Lake Properties in Lake Country, WI, I have all the information for you! Please contact me at 262-443-2672

No comments:

Post a Comment