Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Buying a Home with Emotion Rather than Reality

 Buying Based on Emotion Rather than Reality

People see a house they love, and the planned budget goes out the window. Or, even if the house remains within their budgeted price, they don’t think about all the extras that may come along with it. A pool needs to be maintained; a huge lawn must be mowed; and a homeowners association will not only demand annual fees, but also your undying loyalty to their bylaws.
Before buying a house, ask yourself these questions to make sure your purchase is a rational decision:
  • Can I comfortably afford this house?
  • Can I comfortably afford the taxes on this house?
  • Can I comfortably afford to maintain, heat and cool this house?
  • Can I pay for renovations if needed? Will my desired additions and improvements be allowed by the HOA or local zoning ordinance?
  • How long do I envision living in this house?
  • Is there anything outside my control that could negatively impact the resale value of this house?
  • Do the rooms and layout make sense for our family?
  • A [hot tub, outdoor kitchen, fill-in-the-blank] is a great feature, but realistically, will my family use it?
I will make the home buying process smooth for you, explaining all the answers to your questions, prepare you each step of the way, so you can make the most practical decision about buying a home!! 

Click here to contact me, or email me, about the home buying process!! 

262-443-2672

No comments:

Post a Comment